Re: AGPGART not found ... ( on Q965)

From: Eric Anholt <eric_at_anholt.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:48:26 -0700
On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 12:29 -0400, Sateesh Mandava wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to get the i810/intel drivers work with xorg 7.2. X server is
> failing with /dev/agpgart missing error.
>

> Can somebody help me on how to fix this error? Below are more details about
> the problem.

I've posted an experimental patch to this list, and I think to the PR
system, for agpgart support on this chipset.  However, it is known to be
broken with the DRI enabled, and since that is usually an indication of
serious issues with the AGP support, I haven't committed it yet.  Sadly,
my G965 hardware lacks working serial, and my other stuff lacks
firewire, so I haven't been able to debug it.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt_at_FreeBSD.org
eric_at_anholt.net                         eric.anholt_at_intel.com