Dump(8) problems

From: Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:45:10 +0100
Hi

I was wondering if I am the only one having trouble when I am using DUMP(8) on CURRENT. If get two situations

If I compile a GENERIC kernel and I dump a "40GB volume"  that contains app. 14GB of data dump gets to app.
6-7GB and then enters "pause state" on all children - What is weird is that small filesystems e.g. 512MB/1GB
does not show this issue on a GENERIC kernel - however I expect that just "luck"

If I use a kernel withot debugging and WITNESS code all file dumping root, var, etc also enters mutual wait
state on all children on the dump process

This happens when I backup "disk-to-disk" and it does not seem to matter whether I dump to a ATA device or
USB device

I have tried adding "L flag" and without it as its not an active partition - however that does not seem to matter.

The command used are

dump 0uaf /home/backup/root,dump /dev/ar0s1a

There is nothing wrong with the disks etc. all file systems are UFS

Its a pretty nasty error and I am somewhat puzzled

Regards
	Thomas