Re: HEADS UP: UNIX domain socket locking changes merged to CVS HEAD

From: Scott Robbins <scottro_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 04:27:59 -0500
On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 01:56:08AM -0500, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> >(this is more of a me too post at this point--I haven't had a chance to
> >do any investigation).
> Well
>
> I was able to build.. and so far no lockup's.

Yes, I kept csup-ing till I saw a change in netgraph.   It's early
morning here, and I won't have a chance to test it till tonight, but
your email is encouraging.

I just finished the rebuild.

> The frustrating thing was it would always free in X.. and I could
> not get back out to get a trace... I am glad that someone else did :-D

Yup, me too.   (We all thank him)   :)

> So the good news is once you can build .. it seems to be the problem
> is solved.. of course I still could lock up.. but only using
> X will tell :-0

Yes, I'm almost afraid to startx.  I won't really get a chance till
tonight, but Robert, thank you.  (Also, I've lost track of who was the
one who was able to get the trace, but thanks are also due there.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Isn't that what they called The Slayer?
Willow: Buffy, ohh scary.
Xander: Someone has to talk to her people. That name is striking
fear in nobody's hearts.