Re: HEADS UP: UNIX domain socket locking changes merged to CVS HEAD

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:21:16 +0000 (GMT)
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Yoshihiro Ota wrote:

> My X runs fine but I think I am still seeing this problem with diffrent
> ports.
>
> They are japanese/Canna japanese/kinput2-canna.
>
> Canna uses "unix" domain socket to communicate and it still doesn't work.
> Before, Canna reproted some "unix" domain socket error.  Now, it doesn't
> report such errors but "kinput2" stucks.
>
> Installing kinput2-cann will install Canna as well. You will need these 2
> entries to run Canna.
>
> canna_enable="YES" canna_flags="-u bin inet"
>
> Then, you need the following to allow to use kinput from X terminals.
>
> setenv XMODIFIERS '_at_im=kinput
>
> Once you start canna, run "kinput2" in one of the X terminals.  Then,
> kinput2 eats all CPU.

Could you confirm that if you run the code precisely before the commits in
question (i.e., back out to uipc_usrreq.c:1.196 and unpcb.h:1.22) the problem
goes away completely?  If so, could you try running ktrace on kinput2 and see
if it's looping around any particular syscalls and getting an error
repeatedly?  It could be that an error is now (possibly incorrectly) being
returned and that kinput2 is not handling that well.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge