How PMAP_SHPGPERPROC relate to vm.v_free_min, vm.v_free_reserved and vm.v_free_target?

From: Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:54:11 -0300
Heavy Apache usage is demanding a higher PMAP_SHPGPERPROC kernel
option in my system. However I keep getting the NOTES-documented panic
at boot time, meaning I need to adequately do vm.v_free_min,
vm.v_free_reserved and vm.v_free_target sysctl tuning.

However, this sysctl vars dont have a description and I simply can't
find any further documentation regarding how the vars relate among
themselves and how they related to PMAP_SHPGPERPROC. Can anyone please
explain some basics about how they relate and how I can do the tuning?

It is a 5.5-STABLE with 9GB of memory and PAE enable (sure).

Hackers' feedback or sysadmins' personal experiences are heavily appreciated.

Sorry for cross-posting, I was not sure which list was more adequated.

--
Eduardo Meyer