Re: MFC request: QLogic 24xx FibreChannel controller

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:45:48 +0100
Joao Barros wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr> wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with this hardware, but I'm curious why I see the one
>> test drive I assigned to it twice. I seem to recall reading somewhere a
>> discussion for Linux in which it's been mentioned that one of these
>> should be a read-write and another "read-only" device, but is this
>> correct? I can write to both drives.
>
> I'd say because you have a multipath setup, the driver being the exception.
> I guess the in house isp guru Matt Jacob can give you a better
> explanation ;)

I don't think it's because of multipath (as far as I understand it)
because both disks are atached to isp0:

da1 at isp0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da2 at isp0 bus 0 target 1 lun 0

There are two FC switches, but AFAIK a multipath setup would have, for
example one disk coming from isp0 and the other from isp1, as isp0 and
isp1 are connected to two switches...

It's entirely possible that something's ill defined in the FC management
console (I din't do it - it's another guy's responsibility :) )