Re: netstat wierdness?

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:41:20 +0100
Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> writes:
> answering myself..
> comes from having options LOCK_PROFILING in my kernel.
> adding the same to /etc/make.conf and recompiling netstat and libkvm helped.
> (not sure if both are needed)

This is very bad.  LOCK_PROFILING should have no visible effect on
userland.  That is precisely what xinpcb, xunpcb, xtcpcb etc. are for:
to isolate userland from kernel structures.  They should not contain
any locks or anything else which would be affected by LOCK_PROFILING
or other kernel options.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no