Improved INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE

From: Wojciech A. Koszek <wkoszek_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:19:49 +0000
Hello,

Current implementation of INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE option has number of
issues. Including it in MAC or SMP configurations will bring only text
of this single file into the kernel file. We're not able to see
configuration of running ("live") kernel, which could be helpful while
tracking users' reports. You can't get easy to use file format, ready
for configuration process.

In my Perforce wkoszek_kconftxt branch:

	//depot/user/wkoszek/wkoszek_kconftxt/...

I brought some modifications to existing config(8) and added system
interface that would let us to see configuration of running kernel
(currently -- via kern.conftxt sysctl), as well as other kernel file
through config(8)'s -k option.

It would be possible to redirect an output from either sysctl(8) or
config -k <kernel> to the file, and config(8) would be smart enough to
do use this file without additional modifications.

"subr_kopt.c" was chosen as a compromise, since I couldn't find a better
place, where "opt_global.h" would be included.

Comments are welcome,

Regards,
--
Wojciech A. Koszek