Re: [HEADSUP] ACPI-CA 20070126 import

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd_at_codelabs.ru>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:31:13 +0300
Jung-uk, good day.

> >I will import ACPI-CA 20070126 from Intel some time next week.
> >Current mega-patch against -CURRENT is here:
> >
> >http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-import-20070126.diff.gz
> >
> >(Note: Sorry, I had to gzip(1) it because it was too big.)
> >
> >This patch should fix many ACPI issues in -CURRENT (ACPI-CA 20051021),
>
> >most notably memory leak.  Full change log for ACPI-CA from the last
> >import is here:
> >
> >http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica_changes_20051021_20070126.txt
> >
> >I believe it is quite stable because I have been using this patch on
> >my primary desktop and laptop for a while and it was tested on amd64,
> >i386, and ia64.  However, since the patch is huge, I may have missed
> >something.  If you find something wrong, please let me know before it
> >is too late. ;-)

On my Asus A2000D laptop the ACPI patch brought one regression:
the backlight control buttons are stopped to do their job. Before
the patch they used to work, but with some "delay": to actually
increase the brightness of the screen I used to press the "increase
brightness" button once and then push five or six times any other
F-button (volume up/down, mute, change VGA source or the brightness
control button) to get the brightness go up. So I got the feeling
of some queue that was pushed by the pressing of additional buttons.
But now the brightness controls are just stopped to work.

The dmesg is attached.
--
Eygene