Re: snd_hda fails to probe after 15 March

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:24:32 +0200
Quoting Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org> (from Sun, 25 Mar
2007 23:34:13 +0300):

> Hi Ariff and -current,
>
> Some time after March 15, snd_hda started failing to attach to
> pcm0 on my laptop.  I haven't managed to nail the change down to
> a single commit yet, but I've attached the files:

>  pcm0: [MPSAFE]
>  pcm0: [ITHREAD]
> +pcm0: hdac_get_capabilities: Invalid rirb size (0)
> +device_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
>  pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 17 at device 28.0 on pci0

There where some changes to the low level bus code. To nexus and IIRC
to some bus space functions. Committd by, jhb. Try to find the
corresponding commit, back it out and try again.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Garbage In - Gospel Out.