Building an /etc from scratch...

From: John Clark <jclark_at_metricsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:45:31 -0800
The doc for building the world indicate that the kernel and /etc are not
build in the 'world'
process.

How does one create an /etc from src/etc. There does not seem to be a
make target in
the main Makefile at the top of the hierarchy.

A couple of points here... I don't have a 'working' FreeBSD system at
the moment, and
because of failures to boot off of a USB CDROM device, I don't have the
usual 'installer'
running. I was able to use the pxeboot via BOOTP to get a diskless
system up and running
and was able to compile the world, and GENERIC kernel via this mode.

However, building the /etc directory seems to not have much support in
terms of Makefile