Re: HEADS DOWN (was Re: HEADS UP: putenv, setenv, unsetenv, getenv changes)

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnisec.de>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 20:17:06 +0200
Am Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007 schrieb Andrey Chernov:
> All backed out.
>
> Not because I admit they are technically wrong and not because of bug
> reports (I receive nothing). But because I surprisingly meets so
> strong opposition and resistance so lost any desire to continue that.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I don't have the skills to comment anything
technically, but I just wanted to say that I'm suprised that -current is that
stable for me these days. It's wonderful, but I think making progress in
standard compliance and/or testing new developed stuff (eg. the new USB
stack) is much more important than making -current a production branch.
I'm a friend of standrads and I highly appreciate your work Andrey, and I hope
we will see your work back in the tree as soon as possible.

Diffrent people do things different, but that's why FreeBSD is what it is
today. The accummulation of excellent work by excellent people.

-Harry

--
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer