Re: gjournal + gmirror question

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:48:16 +0200
Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> Because it's a large fs with standard newfs parameters, so many inodes to
> check...
> Or does fsck recognize that it's a gjournaled UFS and skip unnessecarry
> checks?
> That's what my initinal interest was about.

Judging from
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/fsck_ffs/gjournal.c you
might be right, but I don't see it documented in man pages. IIRC Pawel
did at one time explain that fsck will only delete stale/unreferenced
inodes and so be quicker than usual.

If you have the time for benchmarks, they would be appreciated :)