reboot/halt/shutdown -d option

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:07:22 +0300
Does the -d option of shutdown/reboot work for anyone else?

I've been trying to test the patch of bin/70536 on a recent HEAD
installation, running on my laptop, and using the -d option of reboot
seems to block forever when the kernel starts dumping.

The last messages I see on my console are:

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...
Syncing disks, vnodes remaining...1 1 1 0 0 done
All buffers synced.
Physical memory: XXX MB
Dumping YY MB:

and that's the last thing printed.  I tried escaping to KDB with
CTRL+ALT+ESC but it seems that at this point KDB is no longer
accessible.

FWIW, the value of debug.minidump is 1.  I'm going to try with 0 next,
but i just thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has successfully
used the -d flag to reboot/shutdown.