[ANN] unionfs patchset-19-20070504 release, it is now MPSAFE and transparent mode as default

From: Daichi GOTO <daichi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 20:58:44 +0900
Hi Guys

It is my pleasure and honor to announce the availability of
the unionfs patchset-19-20070504. p19 is second patchset after
its merged of FreeBSD. Our improvements works of unionfs are
going step by step. p19 is milestone release.

Patchset-19-20070504:
    For 7-current
      http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs-p19-20070504.diff

    For 6-stable
      http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs6-p19-20070504.diff

    Changes in unionfs-p19-20070504.diff
      - It has been became MPSAFE.
      - Default copy mode has been changed from traditional-mode to
        transparent-mode. Some folks who have reported some issues
        have solved with transparent mode. We guess it is time to
        change the default copy mode. The transparent-mode is the
        best in most situations.
      - Fixed kern/111262 issue.
      - Added support of vfs_cache on unionfs. As a result, you
        can use applications that use procfs on unionfs.
      - Removed unionfs internal cache mechanism because it has
        vfs_cache support instead. As a result, it just simplified
        code of unionfs.
      - Added whiteout behavior option. ``-o whiteout=always'' is
        default mode(it is established practice) and
        ``-o whiteout=whenneeded'' is less disk-space using mode
        especially for resource restricted environments like embedded
        environments. (Contributed by Ed Schouten. Thanks)
      - Fixed a mtx lock issue happened with nullfs.
      - Fixed lock issues around unionfs.
      - Added NULL check code pointed out by Coverity. (Pointed out
        by Stanislav Sedov. Thanks)

The documents of those unionfs patches:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/  (English)
   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/index-ja.html  (Japanese)

Request for Test:

   Unionfs lovers including FreeSBIE developers, ports cluster managers,
   heavy memory-fs users and folks use unionfs, could you try p19 please?

Merge plan:

   I have plan to commit unionfs-p19-20070504.diff to -current after
   received unionfs users responses.

Thanks

P.S.

I am going to join BSDCan 2007. Lets meet at Ottawa, Canada :)

--
   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi