Re: FreeBSD + Turion64 X2

From: Rainer Alves <rainer.alves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:11:26 -0300
Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> On 5/4/07, David Kalliecharan <davidkallie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Everyone!
>> I seem to have run into a snag as I am trying to install FreeBSD
>> Stable or
>> Current (preferrable stable) on a HP Pavilion dv6308ca AMD Turion X2, No
>> avail not even with current (installer lags?) due to the ACPI? Cannot
>> upgrade bios because it is at the highest version.
>> [...]
>
> I got the same problem with Acer Aspire 5102 which has same cpu as
> your AMD Turion64 X2 1.6 Ghz.

During the first boot, disable SMP on the loader in order to install
properly (it shouldn't hang).
Then apply this patch (by Ariff Abdullah) to your src tree:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/k8_c1e.diff
Rebuild kernel (with SMP enabled), and reboot. You'll now be able to use
both CPU cores without any hangs.

- Rainer Alves