Re: interrupt storm irq9 and ath

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 08:15:46 +0300
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:32:11AM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hi, me again, again a new problem with my laptop:
>
> it's a old Vaio SRX41p, p3m_at_800, no apic, the BIOS (Sony U2) assigns only irq9
> to all devices.
> Enabling wpa_supplicant leads to interrupt storm messages.
> I've been using this laptop with 6.2 heavily but never saw any interrupt storm
> message before.
> Also tuning the sysctl vrom 100 to 500 hasn't helped (can't remember the MIB
> exactly right now, but of course will look if it helps).
>
> I have compiled in cpufreq and I use powerd but that doesn't seem to be the
> problem because if the machine is under load, so that est doesn't step down,
> I also get the storm throttle.

Me too kind of response. There, I have ath and snd_hda sharing interrupt
on the Acer 945GM based laptop. I need to provoke the interrupt storm,
though. It starts after I do "ifconfig ath0 up; ifconfig ath0 list scan"
without configuring network. Doing "ifconfig ath0 down" stops the storm.
Otherwise (i.e., when associating with ap) interface works normally.

Releng_6.