Re: ural && HPS usb stack

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:12:33 +0200
Marinos Ilias wrote:
> Hello people,
> I have a Dell XPS m1210 and because it has intel wireless 3945ABG,
> which doesn't work for me using the wpi driver, I decided to buy a
> Gigabyte GN-WBKG wireless usb adapter.It is recognized normally with
> ural driver.
> The last 3 weeks I had some weird problems using this usb
> adapter.While I was surfing or listening to radio (from internet) the
> laptop many times suddenly rebooted(a reboot like a hardware reset ,
> which didn't give me the chance to catch the errors).Also I am not
> sure how can I reproduce the error in a way that I can understand what
> crashes.

There are known panics with ural(4) and WPA. See

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/92083
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/101096

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."