Re: Kernel panics on boot: can't allocate interrupts

From: Garrett Cooper <youshi10_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 06:56:59 -0700
Paolo Pisati wrote:
>> I just rebuilt the kernel today, and it appears that the kernel can't
>> allocate interrupts anymore (for whatever reason). I've posted my kernel
>> config here:
>> <http://students.washington.edu/youshi10/posted/OPTIMUS_VM>, and my
>> screenshots of the boot process here:
>> <http://students.washington.edu/youshi10/posted/panic-sshots.zip>.
>>
>> I'm using the amd64 version of 7-CURRENT via VMWare in XP-x64.
>
> can you go back to Sat 05 May with the src and try again?

	Sure. I just synced only the kernel section (src-sys) and rebuilt /
installed the kernel and I still receive the same failure. Should I do
the same for the userland as well?
	The only other thing is that I was testing out some code mods last
night in the libc directory with db, and some of the code was partially
built. At what point does the interrupt allocation occur? Userland or
kernel? Can you point me to the source directory?
Thanks!
-Garrett