Re: Functional RAID controller?

From: Rink Springer <rink_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:09:20 +0200
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:57:45AM -0700, Barrett Lyon wrote:
> I would like to find a SATA RAID controller that plays nice by a
> company that is FreeBSD friendly and progressively working on their
> drivers.  Does anyone have any suggestions other than to not use the
> 7.0 branch?

I'd suggest you look at the Areca series of controllers, supported by
arcmsr(4). They are actively maintained, and have been rock solid for
me. Performance is outstanding. I must say I have not tried the
controller under CURRENT, but as the driver seems to be MFC'ed every now
and then.

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But yet a far more terrible thing,