if_ath breaks s3 suspend/resume [Was: ACPI S3 wakeup problem (beeeeeeeeep)]

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnisec.de>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 00:35:40 +0200
Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer:
> Hello,
>
> I found the sysctl "debug.acpi.resume_beep" and enabled it.
> When I send my Vaio SRX41p sleeping with acpiconf -s3 it never waked up
> again. Now with this sysctl enabled I hear a continuing beep, but the hard
> drive stays powered down, also the LCD keeps unlit.
>
> Any hints how I can find out what's going wrong?
> Tuning hw.acpi.reset_video doesn't change anything.

Again, the fabulous handbook gave me the hint to remove all devices from the
kernel and dynamically load them.
This revealse if_ath as the culprit. (the last I tried after usb, fwohci, pcm,
ichsmb)

Could this be related to the interrupt strom problems with ath (I often get
storm warnings, all drivers share IRQ9 on this laptop)?

Best regards,

-Harry