Re: Functional RAID controller?

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 22:55:06 -0600
Barrett Lyon wrote:
> I've been using HEAD with 3ware adapters and all of my test machines are
> completely non-functional.  I had my team working directly with 3ware
> for two weeks and they offered a tip here and there.   Ultimately we
> ended up with a non-functioning systems and a good idea what's wrong
> with the twa driver.
>
> I offered to help fund and provide hardware for a development effort to
> update their driver to support HEAD but they refused to help.  I am
> worried about 3ware's commitment to the future of FreeBSD and the twa
> driver at this point, 3ware is not the least bit concerned (even with a
> large customer):

I have a pretty good idea of what is wrong, and it's partially my fault.
A quick work-around would be to edit /sys/dev/twa/tw_osl_freebsd.c and
remove the INTR_MPSAFE flag as so:

--- tw_osl_freebsd.c    9 May 2007 04:16:32 -0000       1.7
+++ tw_osl_freebsd.c    9 May 2007 04:54:24 -0000
_at__at_ -359,7 +359,7 _at__at_
                 return(ENXIO);
         }
         if ((error = bus_setup_intr(sc->bus_dev, sc->irq_res,
-                       INTR_TYPE_CAM | INTR_MPSAFE,
+                       INTR_TYPE_CAM,
  #ifdef TW_OSLI_DEFERRED_INTR_USED
                         twa_pci_intr_fast, NULL,
  #else

If that works for you then I'll check it into CVS and work with
AMCC on a real fix.

Scott