Re: if_ath breaks s3 suspend/resume [Was: ACPI S3 wakeup problem (beeeeeeeeep)]

From: Louis Kowolowski <louisk_at_cryptomonkeys.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:51:45 -0700
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 06:33:13PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com> (Wed, 09 May 2007 09:10:07 -0700):
>
> > card ejecting it will restore the system to normal use.  For pci cards
> > (e.g. minipci) power cycling works.  I've never heard of anyone needing
> > to remove a battery.
>
> This is with a mini-pci card. And The laptop hangs completely. I can
> not power it off. The power button seems to need ACPI. Normally I push
> it for some seconds and the laptop switches off (or short and it does a
> "shutdown -p now"). In the case described in my previous mail this does
> not work. So the only way to power cycle is to remove the power. As
> this is a laptop, pulling the power cord is not enough, I have to
> remove the battery.

Mine is also mini-pci (express), but I can use the power button to power
off.

Anyway, aparently seperate issues from the thread.  Sorry.
--
Louis Kowolowski	KE7BAX			louisk_at_cryptomonkeys.com
Cryptomonkeys:                      http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/~louisk

Warning:  Do not point laser at remaining eye!