Re: We don't really need two FTP daemons

From: Simon L. Nielsen <simon_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:52:12 +0400
On 2007.05.10 13:47:40 +0000, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:

> Could we decide if we really want to support lukemftpd(8) ?

Hey,

I think only having one ftpd in the base system would be a very good
move.  Both with my doc hat (I have seen mails about the different
config files etc.) and with my secteam hat (we have less software to
support).

Personally don't care much which ftpd is removed, but unless lukemftpd
has some big important feature(s) which is useful to many people I
agree lukemftpd is the obvious one to nuke.

So FWIW, a big vote from me to remove one ftpd.

--
Simon