Re: We don't really need two FTP daemons

From: Christian Brueffer <brueffer_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 00:00:55 +0200
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 01:47:40PM +0000, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a lot of confusion caused by the fact of having two instances
> of the FTP daemon present in our source tree.
>
> First one is src/libexed/ftpd/...
>
> Second one lies in src/contrib/lukemftpd/...
>
> We don't need to have both of them, unless one has much more powerful
> functionality over the second. However, in my opinion the major purpose
> of having FTP daemon in the base is possibility of fast configuration
> with minimal cost, just to "get it up and running".

Yes, please.  From the documentation point of view this is a nightmare.
The two servers have similar manpages, partly with the same names, and
it's completely non-obvious which belong to whom.

One ftpd in base is plenty, thank you.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris_at_unixpages.org	brueffer_at_FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc