Re: Process for requesting reverting patch?

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:11:43 +0200
Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> writes:
> Sigh.  mp_at_ has already verified that the problem with gdb and tcsh
> occurs.
>
> Were you born stupid or did your have to work at it?

I don't know if I was born stupid, but I certainly wasn't born with your
quick wits and talent for words, so I'll express myself plainly: using
gdb to trace processes which fork, and especially processes which track
their children closely, such as shells, has never worked properly in
FreeBSD.  The reason I know this is that I have spent the last ten years
rooting around the FreeBSD kernel, and written or rewritten a sizeable
portion of the ptrace(2) code, which gdb uses, myself.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no