Re: csh on arm failure?

From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:41:27 +0900
Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 15 May 2007 11:48:46 -0700
>>>>> Mark Peek <mp_at_FreeBSD.org> said:

mp> No, this is different. The tcsh malloc is showing it is out of memory and
mp> aborting. The thing I don't understand is the malloc is coming from tcsh
mp> instead of using the system malloc. Looking at this file:

mp> src/bin/csh/config_p.h:

mp> ...
mp> #if defined(__FreeBSD__)
mp> #define NLS_BUGS
mp> #define BSD_STYLE_COLORLS
mp> /* we want to use the system malloc when we install as /bin/csh */
mp> #define SYSMALLOC
mp> /* Use LC_MESSAGES locale category to open the message catalog */
mp> #define MCLoadBySet NL_CAT_LOCALE
mp> #define BUFSIZE 8192
mp> #endif

mp> The SYSMALLOC define should cause it to use the system malloc and not the tcsh
mp> malloc. Could __FreeBSD__ not be defined?

We are not using the system malloc, actually.  SYSMALLOC is undefined
in config_f.h, and config_f.h is included after config_p.h in
config.h.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO _at_ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
ume_at_mahoroba.org  ume_at_{,jp.}FreeBSD.org