RE: ruby-1.8.6 and GCC-4.2 issues

From: Johan Hendriks <Johan_at_double-l.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:09:27 +0200
>Hello ppl,

>It seems that ruby-1.8.6,1 builded with GCC4.2 have the same OpenSSL
>issues (illegal instruction). How to reproduce:

>mail# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade
>mail# make install clean

I got the same but after deleting all of portupgrade's dependencies (ruby, ruby-bdb, libtool, db4.1 and portupgrade)
And then install portupgrade again all is fine.

This is something of an old build (not gcc4.2) on a 4.2 build system.
I am not sure but i think that is the case.

I also did a portupgrade of all my ports on the system, and all seems to work right now except samba!

regards,
Johan Hendriks