Re: tinderbox and bad system call

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:20:43 +0200
Erwin Lansing <erwin_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smrgrav <des_at_des.no> writes:
> > So don't run CURRENT in your chroot.  We (mostly) support running
> > old userlands on new kernels, but we have never supported running
> > new userlands on old kernels.
> Which is exactly what the ports tinderbox does, different userlands on
> a shared kernel.

Then you need to run a kernel that corresponds to the newest userland
the tinderbox wants to run - or from a different perspective, configure
the tinderbox to only run userlands as old as or older than your kernel.

In any case, it's your problem, not FreeBSD's.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no