Re: Kernel hanging after today cvsup at Timecounter "TSC

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:48:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 22 May 2007, Goran Gajic wrote:

> After today cvsup and installing of new kernel system refuses to boot.
> It hangs at mentioned line. Here is minicom.cap:
<snip>
> sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x100>
> sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio1: port may not be enabled
> vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
> Timecounter "TSC
>
> Kernel built on May 17th boots fine..

I saw an identical problem when I booted a kernel from yesterday with kernel
modules from a week or so earlier, only mine froze before getting to the
Timecounter line, rather, immediately after the vga0 line.  Perhaps we're
looking at an issue with mixing modules with a kernel from before/after the
compiler upgrade?

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge