Re: ZFS committed to the FreeBSD base.

From: Ollivier Robert <roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:04:43 +0200
According to Darren Reed:
> It's not RAM that ZFS really likes but your KVA (Kernel Virtual Address)
> space.  With a 32bit kernel you are more likely to experience problems
> with KVA shortage than you are RAM shortage when using ZFS.

It was discussed a bit at the DevSummit in BSDCan and an interesting
question was raised.  ZFS has its own buffer cache and tries as best as it
can to bypass our own, taking its toll on memory and KVA.  I don't think we
could replace our buffer cache with ARC due to the license but it would be
nice to reduce the duplication there.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin sidhe.keltia.net Kernel Version 8.9.1: Thu Feb 22 20:55:00 PST 2007 i386