Re: Using Subversion for binary distribution?

From: Ollivier Robert <roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:22:02 +0200
According to Brian Candler:
> Having .svn directories all over the place is not a worry to me, and in fact
> that's what gives you most of the practical advantages: svn diff and svn
> revert will depend on this, as well as merging of non-conflicting changes.

Having twice the binary distribution inside .svn files scattered all over
the place does bother me.  And I'm afraid svn diff on /sbin/init isn't
giving me real useful information.  For text files in /etc, /boot and
others, mercurial does that in place more efficiently then svn.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin sidhe.keltia.net Kernel Version 8.9.1: Thu Feb 22 20:55:00 PST 2007 i386