Re: Xorg 7.2 update

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 03:50:04 +0300
On 2007-05-27 20:37, Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org> wrote:
>On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 11:57:27PM +0200, Marijn van Vliet wrote:
>> The other problem was a message
>> about the default font (fixed) not being found. This is solved by manually
>> reinstalling font-misc-misc and font-cursor-mic:
>> portupgrade -f font-misc-misc font-cursor-misc
>>
>> Why this works, I have no idea. Do the fonts get corrupted by the
>> mergebase script? After some googling I noticed more users were having
>> this problem.
>
> Yes, and none of them have yet provided a log of the build so we can
> try to work out why.  Feel free to help us out.

I have `upgraded' x11/xorg twice so far, following the instructions in
`/usr/ports/UPDATING', and fonts work fine.  Even my own personal fonts,
installed in `/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/local', which I manually built
from their BDF sources several years ago, are picked up fine by the new
X11 installation.  In fact, this post was written in an xterm(1) window
using my own modified copy of the `lucidasanstypewriter-12' font.

Marijn, if you are having problems with the upgrade of x11/xorg, then
please show us a build log, as Kris mentioned, so we can help you track
down what the problem is and how to resolve it.

- Giorgos