Re: fun fun fun. no networking

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:58:32 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <4659DAD1.9040609_at_elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> writes:
: I finally rebooted my old laptop on a -current from about 3 weeks ago.
: (I did the rebuild then but the machine has been off since)
: and ta-da!  no network card..  it is a Dell inspiron 7500 with
: a pccard 'ed' device card..
:
: Was there anything broken 3 weeks ago WRT old ed driver cards?
: or pccd?
:
: It come up saying "unknown card type".. Which is odd
: as it always used to knwo what to do.
:
: This machine has a local CVS mirror on it so
: even though it's offline, I'm rebuilding from 2 months ago..
: (I couldn't just reboot to the old system as there is really only just
: room for one kernel directory on the root partition.)
:
: More info when it comes back online

I think, but am not sure, this is related to some changes John made to
acpi resource allocation.  I get weird port allocations due to some
questionable assumptions on his part...  I've not had time to look
into this in detail, but I see it on all cardbus cards that allocate
I/O ports.  All of the ones that only do memory work great.

Warner