FreeBSD/xen status

From: Rink Springer <rink_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:48:07 +0200
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I'm currently working on FreeBSD/xen.
Currently, I've got a CURRENT tree of a few days back bootable using
Xen, but it will crash while launching init(8) due to unresolved process
map (pmap) stuff. Refer to my blog post at
http://rink.nu/blog/20070528143357.009067.html for more details, regular
updates on the Xen porting effort will make it on my blog as well.

All work is based upon Kip Macy's perforce work, and this would not have
been possible without him. Once FreeBSD/xen is semi-working, Kip intends to
review the patch and I'll commit the whole thing into Perforce.

My goal is to get it in a shape good enough for 7.0-RELEASE. That will
most likely be without SMP or PAE support, and certainly no dom0
support, as these are projects for later on.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But yet a far more terrible thing,