Re: ifconfig carp0 destroy = kernel panic

From: Bruce M. Simpson <bms_at_incunabulum.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:25:39 +0100
Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> This is just a "mee too".
>
> I find that after giving a CARP interface an address, it is impossible
> to remove the address using ifconfig carp200 delete ...  Further
> using ifconfig carp200 destroy results in a panic.

I believe that the carp issue should have been resolved for at least a
month now. I fixed a similar problem in pfsync.

Also, when reporting this kind of issue please provide the full panic
message as well as the debugging trace; as well as the date your kernel
sources are from, just a reminder that backtraces are useless without
context information.

I probably won't have time to look at this code for a while, however, it
will help other volunteers to diagnose the problem.

That said, this particular kind of issue is just symptomatic of deeper
issues with the structure of the code. I would prefer to focus on fixing
this sort of thing at its source (if I get free cycles to do so), so, I
will let someone else step up to the podium this time...

Regards,
BMS