Re: problems with make.conf

From: Christian Gusenbauer <c47g_at_gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:34:06 +0200
Hi Pieter!

On Tuesday, 29. May 2007, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
> On Saturday 26 May 2007, Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've a problem compiling the port graphics/libGLw. The port's Makefile
> > contains the line
> >
> > CFLAGS+=-D__GLX_MOTIF=1
> >
> > As long as I don't set my own CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf, the port compiles
> > fine. But if I set my own CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf, the CFLAGS+= line in
> > the Makefile seems to be ignored (or overwritten by my settings).
> >
> > How do I correctly use the /etc/make.conf file? How can I use my own
> > settings?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Christian.
>
> Have you tried putting CFLAGS+= .... (note the +) in make.conf? Otherwise
> you could try setting the correct cflags in the environment before
> executing make, for example: setenv CFLAGS -Os.

Thanks for this tip! I didn't know, that it's possible to use environment
variables for this. But the question remains: how to correctly use these
settings in make.conf. Because even in the /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf
it's documented to use CFLAGS= (without the +). But doing it that way, these
settings break port builds.

> HTH,
> Pieter de Goeje

Many thanks,