Re: persistent problem with buildworld on -CURRENT

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 02:09:52 +0300
On 2007-05-30 20:07, Odhiambo Washington <wash_at_wananchi.com> wrote:
> * On 29/05/07 10:19 +0300, Wash wrote:
> | |
> | | Are you running make(1) with -j options?  If yes, what are they?
> |
> | No. I don't define any compiler optimizations at all. Never done it
> | ever!

That's not a compiler optimization, but ok :)

> | Well, I simply do the following (as root):
> | cd /usr/src
> | make buildworld | tee ./buildworld.txt | tail -n 20 | mail root &
> |
> | Root, as by default, has write access to every part of this system:-)
> |
> | I am so stumped as to why I encounter this failure.
>
> I did another csup of the sources yesterday, then I booted into single
> user mode and I was able to buildworld, kernel, installworld....
>
> Now I have csup again today and I run same processes and there is no
> failure at all!! Life sux :)

I'm glad this was resolved, even if you didn't really find the cause
this time.  Note that it may be a good idea to keep me in the Cc: list
if you want me to see replies fast enough.  Some times I don't check
mailing list folders too often, but I usually try to keep up to date
with what has reached my personal INBOX :)