Re: Release Engineering plans for 7.0

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:15:56 +0200 (CEST)
Wilko Bulte wrote:
 > Bruce A. Mah wrote:
 > > Wilko Bulte wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Looks like it will be more like July.
 > >
 > > And also please note that "July" means "sometime in July", not "July 1".
 >
 > July 4 anybody?

How about July 7?
Would be perfect to release FreeBSD 7.0 on 2007-07-07.  ;-)

Just kidding, of course ...  I'm aware that that would be
too early, unfortunately.  It's better take more time for
testing and shaking out the bugs.

Personally I think that 7.0 will be a huge success.  People
will love things like gjournal, ZFS, the improvements in
the TCP and threading areas etc.  It's a pity that dtrace
doesn't seem to make it into the release, though.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind."
        -- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97