glibmm exceptions broken after recent upgrades on CURRENT (debug info included)

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:34:30 -0700
I've got a bit of code that uses glibmm (and glib) to do UTF8
formatting.  It seems to have broken after the big compiler/X upgrade.
When Glib::locale_to_utf8 fails, the Glib::ConvertError exception never
seems to find its way to my handler and aborts instead.  The handlers
used to be invoked.

I've attached a short example that exhibits the problem and a dump of
the stack trace from gdb.  All this is a pretty recent -CURRENT and new
ports.  The compilation line is:

g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs glibmm-2.4` fail.cc

Any insight or redirection toward insight would be great.  I'm happy to
provide any additional debugging information.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc