webcast of FreeBSD dev summit

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:10:05 -0000
For those of you who are curious about what the FreeBSD developers are talking about..

 rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/devsummit.sdp

please don't flood it though..if you are not really watching, don't just leave it running.. :-)

attached mail follows:

Don't worry, we'll be recording some video for watching later.
I'll Also attempt to webcast as much as possible. Not sure if I can webcast
BSDCan itself.. I'll see what it's like.

The URL will be (at least) rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/Devsummit.sdp

I will be travelling Tuesday, but today I have a test session running at:

 rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/Bsdtest.sdp.

 There may be more than one session to cover more breakouts if others
 bring more cameras and MACs :-) People watching from outside may
 even be able to be in more than one room at a time :-) .

The session will be using mpeg4 video and audio.
I will leave the test session running pretty much all the time I'm not commuting.

Instructions for mplayer and VLC follow:
 Quicktime users should just be able to type in the URL.

---- instructions  for VLC/mplayer courtesy of Stefan Ehmann -----

If you want to use mplayer:

- cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer && make install clean
  OR portinstall multimedia/mplayer
- make sure livemedia is selected: [X] LIVEMEDIA
- mplayer -rtsp-stream-over-tcp  rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/Bsdtest.sdp

If you already installed mplayer, but get the following error:
"RTSP support requires the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries."

- cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer
- make config
- make sure livemedia is selected: [X] LIVEMEDIA
- make deinstall reinstall clean
  OR portupgrade -f multimedia/mplayer

If you want to use vlc:

- cd /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc
- make install clean
  OR portinstall multimedia/vlc
- make sure faad is selected: [X] FAAD
- start vlc
- Settings->Preferences
  -> check "Advanced options"
  -> go to Input/Codecs->Demuxers->RTP/RTSP and check "Use RTP over RTSP (TCP)"
  -> Save
- File->Open Network Stream, check "RTSP", URL:
  rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/Bsdtest.sdp
  OR $vlc rtsp://jello.ironport.com:80/Bsdtest.sdp

If you already installed vlc, but get no sound:

- cd /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc
- make config
- make sure faad is selected: [X] FAAD
- make deinstall reinstall clean
  OR portupgrade -f multimedia/vlc

I haven't yet succeeded using xine for the test stream.

Notes:
- I haven't tested if it works if you disable any of the default options
(disabling LIVEMEDA for vlc is probably a bad idea).
- I usually use the -R option for portupgrade to be sure that all dependent
ports are up-to-date as well.

---- end of instructiosn from Stefan -----

--
This mail is for the internal use of the FreeBSD project committers,
and as such is private. This mail may not be published or forwarded