apic vs. ASUS P5N-E (nforce 650)

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:40:12 +0100
Hi,

I'm having big trouble with this board.  It works fine once I set
hint.apic.0.disabled=1, but unfortunately without using the second core.
When the apic is used, the nforce IDE/ATA controller and the nforce NIC
are not working at all.  No disks or CDROMs are recognized, the NIC
doesn't send or receive any packets.

Attached are verbose dmesgs (captured via serial):
  boot_v.apic   - ACPI enabled  APIC enabled
  boot_v.noacpi - ACPI disabled APIC enabled
  boot_v.noapic - ACPI enabled  APIC disabled (this works)

FWIW, linux (knoppix CD) does boot and seems to use the apic (dmesg
attached).

I suspect that there is something wrong with the ACPI interrupt overrides.
IRQ9 is listed as (level, high) and IRQ0->2 seems only to make sense if
the HEPT is being used, but neither ACPI_Q_MADT_IRQ0 nor forcing (level,
low) for IRQ9 in madt.c doesn't seem to do the trick.

I've tried a couple of things, but didn't get anywhere.  If anyone has an
idea I'd be eager to try it.  Thanks.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet