Re: ZFS kmem_map too small.

From: Borja Marcos <BORJAMAR_at_SARENET.ES>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:04:43 +0100
On Nov 6, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Niki Denev wrote:
> I have fairly easy reproductable (bonnie++) kmem_map too small panics
> on AMD64 even with kmem_size and kmem_size_max to 1G on 8Gig machine.
> I've tried setting them to 2G but the kernel panics on boot.
> I have compiled in debugger support and can provide backtraces and
> testing if needed (the machine is still not in production).

Same here. I can provoke an instant panic running (for example) a make
buildworld and
bonnie++. I have all the filesystems on ZFS, booting from a USB
pendrive. I tried to set
the kernel memory limits to 1.5 GB but it still crashes with the
kmem_too_small panic. I also
tried the patch supplied by Pawel.

The machine has 6 hard disks configured as a raidz2 pool.

Please let me know of any test anyone might need.

Borja.

"The thing he realised about the windows was this: because they had
been converted into openable windows after they had first been
designed to be impregnable, they were, in fact, much less secure than
if they had been designed as openable windows in the first place."
    Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"