Re: Vimage and 7.0 beta 2?

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:03:04 -0800
Reuben A. Popp wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was just testing out 7.0 beta 2 today and can't seem to find any of the
> virtual networking stuff.  Has that yet to be included (say in one of the
> upcoming RC images), or am I not looking in the correct place?
>
> I apologize in advance if this is an oft-repeated question as of late, and
> thanks in advance.
>
> Reuben
>
> PS If responding, could you also CC me as I am not subscribed to -current.

the vimage stuff for 7 was considered too green for inclusion.
While I had hoped we coudl add it later (to 7.1 or 7.2) it looks like
the ABI changes would make that hard. We were a little late in requesting
pad bytes for structures that might have allowed it.
it's still being developed and you can
usually get a recent snapshot from http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/
(the one there now is only 4 days old).