Re: Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382 in file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:09:39 +0100
David Benfell wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:33:14 +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> portupgrade -fa
>>
> Tried that.  Several times.  And the portmaster and portmanager
> equivalents.  It looks like I would have to manually rebuild each of
> over 1000 ports I have installed to restore functionality.
>
> In many cases, even this won't work, however, as 'make fetch' returns
> some error about dates mismatching.  Or, less commonly, there are
> other problems in the build.
>
> But to demonstrate this, I will initiate a job with the following
> command:
>
> sudo portupgrade -fa | tee parts-unknown.org/systems/earth.cybernude.org//portupgrade-fa.log
>
> You can see the output at http://www.parts-unknown.org/systems/earth.cybernude.org/portupgrade-fa.log
>
> Problems are widespread and it seems unreasonable to blame individual
> ports for many of them.

You have stale or corrupted distfiles for some of them, but I didn't
spot any other problems there.  Obviously the ports that fail to rebuild
will still be 6.x binaries and causing problems, so you should only be
declaring victory once you manage to get them all recompiled
successfully.  It seems like this has not yet happened.

To address the old distfiles, either use 'make distclean' on those
ports, or rm -rf /usr/ports/distfiles and allow them to be fetched anew.

If you are having problems recompiling other specific ports, please
follow up on ports_at_.

Kris