Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

From: Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:43:48 +0300
Scott Long wrote:
> SATA II does not automatically mean 3GHz link speed.  It's just an
> umbrella term meaning that the drive implements one or more features
> defined in SATA-2.  It's similar to the mis-representation in the USB
> world of what USB 2.0 means.

If i right understand our driver code, the cause of problem is in the
driver. There is two ways in the code path for ther ICH9 support:
1. AHCI mode.
2. Legacy mode.

As i see from pciconf and dmesg output Aryeh's hardware not determined
as an AHCI and driver use legacy way for interact with controller.
In this case driver don't use any of SATA method's and can't determine
drives speed.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov