Re: using a raw disk for qemu image

From: Juergen Lock <nox_at_jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 22:41:14 +0100 (CET)
In article <473016F5.80209_at_gmail.com> you write:
>I know this is not a FreeBSD question persay but if I have XP installed
>on an other drive and want to access it with qemu what is the command
>line for qemu of qemu-img to enable this... before anyone asks I am not
>using wine because it doesn't run on amd54

Well theoreticall that would be qemu -hda /dev/ad1 (or wherever that other
drive is), but in this case its unlikely to work since Windows doesn't
like hardware being changed under it (the hardware qemu emulates
most likely is different from the one your real system.)  You can read
more about this topic in the freenode #qemu faq:
	http://calamari.reverse-dns.net:980/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-bcc0d7a7641ec611dbe969aa9b8d433e2fc0b903

 HTH,
	Juergen