Re: [RFT] Intel 3945abg wireless driver (wpi)

From: Cristi Magherusan <cristi.magherusan_at_net.utcluj.ro>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 03:43:49 +0200
On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 18:31 +0100, Frank Staals wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
> > Frank Staals wrote:
> >> <snip>

> >> When setting debug.wpi to 0 it seems like the problem is gone. I'm
> >> not using ZFS by the way.  I did have a problem connecting to the AP
> >> at my university though; the driver wouldn't assosicate whatever I
> >> tried. I didn't have a chance to do some extensive testing though. It
> >> might be because of the WEP+wpa_supplicant + ca certificate method
> >> that is required to authenticate. Anyway I'll let it know if there is
> >> an actual problem with the driver itself
> >
> > Rule of thumb in debugging wireless issues (and most others for that
> > matter): simplify your config if at all possible.  In this case try
> > checking things out w/o wpa_supplicant (i.e. no crypto).
> >
> > When debugging, start at the top and work your way down to rule out
> > problems at each layer.  In this case collect a wpa_supplicant debug
> > log first, then check for issues at the net80211 layer (wlandebug,
> > wlanstats, etc.), then finally check at the driver level.
> >
> >    Sam
> >
> For at home wpi is working fine, and I indeed used the method you
> described above. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that extended
> testing methods at my university since I can't turn off encryption and
> the weird authentication methods there ;)

Hello,

Here it works for a while with debug enabled even with wpa_supplicant,
but after a few minutes the console output stops working, but the
keyboard is still handled ok. The Caps lock led blinks when the key is
pressed and ctrl-alt-del can reboot the box.

When debug is disabled and wpa_supplicant is on, it crashes after a few
seconds and gets me into the debugger.
I'll try later with unsecured networks and see if that happens again.

Cristi

--
Cristi Magherusan,
Universitatea Tehnica din Cluj - Napoca