Re: ZFS + Samba/NFS = ugh

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:51:00 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Jaz wrote:

>> where it was found to be caused by lseek behaving differently on ZFS:
>>
>> And one person found a work arround for ZFS by removing the
>> repdir_get* sources from samba:
>
> So has anything changed since then? ZFS + Samba seems to be working fine for
> me.

The problem was with Samba 3.0.25 and non-ufs fs. In the current version
in ports, 3.0.26, samba seems to have some special coding specifically for
zfs. Which means the previous tricks to get it working are no longer
needed. I've not checked whether it also fixes the problem on other
non-ufs fs e.g. msdosfs, but all is well for zfs.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,