Re: Remaining SATA (and other) issues

From: Dmitry Morozovsky <marck_at_rinet.ru>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 00:29:14 +0300 (MSK)
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, S?ren Schmidt wrote:

SS> OK, here is what I've come up with so far, however I still can't reproduce
SS> the problem no matter what I try here.
SS>
SS> Anyhow, try the attached patch on a clean releng_7 and let me know how it
SS> works out (or not).
SS>
SS> Can all of you with promise problems please state exact motherboard and
SS> controller model so I can try to get together a failing setup given I have
SS> the HW or some kind soul gets it on my desk, thanks!

Pre-requisite:

I have ZFS raidz1 pool on 6 disks distributed between 4 SATA channels on
onboard MCP and 2 internal SATA channels of SATA300 TX4 on my test machine;
before I had constant errors on ad12 and ad16 (machine is not under load, so
no harm to actual data).

Problem:

After you patch ad12 and ad16 have been recognized, but it seems driver
changes some offsets, as there are no ad{12,16}a partitions anymore, and
fdisk -s ad12 gives me

fdisk: invalid partition table found

while before it produced something like

/dev/ad4: 486344 cyl 16 hd 63 sec
Part        Start        Size Type Flags
   4:           0       50000 0xa5 0x80

(DD disks generated by bsdlabel -Bw adNN)

Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck_at_FreeBSD.org ]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck_at_rinet.ru ***